On 14 June 2020, we will be resuming our physical Sunday Service, Powerhouse (Powerhouse over Zoom will not be available), and Emmanuel Kids at church. We will make live streaming of the service available at 11am for those who cannot make it to Sunday service, please visit live.eechk.org for live stream.
Meanwhile, we will continue to gather exclusively online for Emmanuel Kids, Powerhouse, and Sunday worship service. Small groups can resume physical gatherings at member homes or other private locations deemed safe by the leader.
Our teams have been working hard to keep track of the government requirements as well as coordinating with Emmanuel Primary School to make sure all the relevant recommendations and requirements are complied with. Because our sanctuary is within the premises of the school, there are added complexities in ensuring the safety of everyone that shares our premises.
In light of the real and persistent danger that COVID-19 poses to our society, we will continue to take extra precautions during our services and observe these guidelines:
- If you have been to the Mainland and any overseas countries/territories in the past 14 days, or have been exposed to those who are sick, please refrain from coming to church, and be considerate and self-quarantine for 14 days, even if you’re not under mandatory government quarantine. (this is in accordance with guidelines issued by the Centre for Health Protection. For more information, please visit www.chp.gov.hk);
- If you have a fever or display any symptoms of influenza (sore throat, cough, runny nose), please remain at home and refrain from coming to Sunday service;
- Your temperature will be taken upon entry to Sanctuary and if you have a high temperature or display symptoms of sickness, you will be asked to return home;
- The Hospitality team will spray alcohol/disinfectant spray on your hands or require you to wash your hands upon entry to Sanctuary;
- Surgical masks must be worn during Sunday service. They are available at the hospitality desk for those who do not have one;
- No food or drinks are allowed in the Sanctuary with the exception of communion;
- In order to further reduce the chance of transmission, and to facilitate effective cleaning of the Sanctuary, please vacate the Sanctuary as soon as the service concludes. Brothers and sisters can continue to mingle in the open air outside of the Sanctuary.
Please continue to stay tuned to our website and social media channels for updates and the latest arrangements.
We are eagerly looking forward to 14 June. when we can be in each other’s presence worshiping our Lord together. We cannot wait. See you then.